March 14th is also known as Pi Day. Pi is a celebration of the infinitely non-repeating mathematical constant that helps us calculate the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.
3.14159......it can keep going and going but for the days sake it's 3.14....lol. Albert Einstein was born on 3/14, and is also the date of Stephen Hawking's death.
A few places around the Bay Area are celebrating the day with specials and deals.
- Bakers Square: $2 off any pie. You can also get the pi symbol baked on double crust and fruit pies.
- 7/11: Using the 7Rewards App, customers can get one slice of pizza for 50 cents, or a whole pie and get 314 7Rewards points.
- Boston Market: Customers can get a free rotisserie chicken pot pie with the purchase of another pot pie and drink with a coupon.
- BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse: A mini one-topping pizza can be yours for $3.14.
- California Pizza Kitchen: A slice of Key Lime pie can be yours for $3.14.
- Blaze Pizza: Use the app to get a $3.14 pizza all day today (One per customer).
- Whole Foods: Customers can get a $3.14 discount on a large bakery pie's regular price.