The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) will begin offering free grab-and-go meals to all children 18 and younger in San Francisco beginning Thursday, December 3. Anyone under 18 may receive meals regardless of their SFUSD enrollment status.
The program will offer two days’ worth of prepared meals, plus snacks, fresh fruits and vegetables, and milk each week at 18 school locations throughout San Francisco. Families can visit any of the locations and provide the child’s first name, last name, and birthdate to receive a grab-and-go card to use to pick up meals. Adults can pick up meals for children without a child present.
For more information CLICK HERE!
The following locations are open every Thursday*:
- A.P. Giannini Middle School, 3151 Ortega St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Bret Harte Elementary, 1035 Gilman Ave, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Brown Middle School, 2055 Silver Ave, 2-4 p.m. (Vegetarian meals offered here along with a milk substitute)
- Carver Elementary, 1360 Oakdale Ave, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Carmichael K-8, 375 7th St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Chavez Elementary, 825 Shotwell St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Denman Middle School, 241 Oneida Ave, 2-3:30 p.m.
- El Dorado Elementary, 70 Delta St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- June Jordan High School, 325 La Grande Ave, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Lau Elementary, 950 Clay St, 2-4 p.m.
- Lick Middle School, 1220 Noe St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Lincoln High School, 2162 24th Ave, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Longfellow Elementary, 755 Morse St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Mission High School, 3750 18th St, 2-4 p.m. (Vegetarian option available here with milk substitute)
- Roosevelt Middle School, 460 Arguello Blvd, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Rosa Parks Elementary, 1501 O'Farrell St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- SF International High School, 655 De Haro St, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Washington High School, 600 32nd Ave, 2-3:30 p.m.
*Holiday schedule changes: Closed Dec. 17, open Dec. 18. Closed Dec. 24 and 31. Closed Jan. 7, open Jan. 8. Closed Jan. 21, open Jan. 22. See sfusd.edu/schoolfood for schedule.
Photo Credit: Getty