Martha Quinn is currently in Cleveland, Mississippi at the Grammy Museum to help celebrate the 40th anniversary of MTV. It was a native Mississippian-Bob Pittman- who helped create and launch MTV almost 40 years ago
The exhibit, called MTV Turns Forty, will focus on the role of media executive and Jackson native Bob Pittman, who led the team that created MTV in August 1981. The exhibit will feature artifacts from music legends like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Run-DMC, and Aerosmith.
You can check out Martha's personal videos from the Museum below!
Exhibit highlights include:
- INTERVIEWS AND ARTIFACTS FROM THE FOUR REMAINING ORIGINAL MTV VJS
- INTERVIEW FOOTAGE, NOTES, SKETCHES, AND MORE ABOUT THE IDEA FOR MTV FROM BOB PITTMAN AND JOHN SYKES, MEMBERS OF THE "INITIAL 8" MTV EXECUTIVE TEAM
- ARTIFACTS AND MEMORABILIA FROM JON BON JOVI, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, MADONNA, MICHAEL JACKSON, STING, RUN DMC, KATY PERRY, TAYLOR SWIFT AND MORE
- SPOTLIGHTS ON MANY OF THE PIVOTAL MOMENTS IN MTV’S PROGRAMMING HISTORY FROM YO! MTV RAPS! AND MTV UNPLUGGED TOBEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD ANDJERSEY SHORE
- INITIAL EXHIBIT SKETCHES FROM THE LATE LUCY JANOUSH, FOUNDING BOARD MEMBER OF THE MISSISSIPPI MUSEUM
- INTERACTIVES AND MORE...
Photo Credit: Getty