List Of Bay Area Closures Due To COVID-19
The Bay Area has been bracing itself as news of COVID-19 cases are popping up. A few Bay Area schools are closed out of an abundance of caution.
San Francisco State- IN PERSON CLASSES
City College of SF until March 30th
San Jose State
UC Berkeley through spring break
Santa Clara University until April 13th
CHECK OUT THIS LIST OF CANCELED EVENTS courtesy of SF FUNCHEAP (one of the best sites in the world!!!!)
SAN FRANCISCO CITY-OWNED FACILITIES – Events larger than 50 people banned
On March 7th the City and County of San Francisco has banned “non-essential group events” at any city-owned facilities for the next two weeks. Under this order, the first day public events at city-owned venues can resume is March 21. Read more atSF Gate
- San Francisco City Hall–City Hall remains open in a general capacity and for Board of Supervisors meetings but all non-essential group events are cancelled.
- Moscone Center– GDC20 Game Developers Conference (March 16-20) has been postponed to a later date
- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium–Please note that although city says they have banned large events through 3/20, nothing on the Bill Graham Civic website denotes any events canceled yet. Events possibly affected are NGHTMRE (3/13) and San Holo (3/21)
- New Conservatory Theater– The Book of Mountains and Seas canceled through Saturday, March 21.
- War Memorial and Performing Arts Center– By order of San Francisco Mayor London Breed, all public events at the San Francisco War Memorial and Performing Arts Center are being canceled from Saturday, March 7, through Friday, March 20, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 At this time, public events may resume on Saturday, March 21. That is subject to change.
- Davies Symphony Hall: 201 Van Ness Avenue (at Grove) – closed until 3/20
- War Memorial Opera House: 301 Van Ness Avenue (at Grove) – closed until 3/20
- Veterans Building – Herbst Theatre & The Green Room: 401 Van Ness Avenue (at McAllister) – closed until 3/20
- Zellerbach Rehearsal Hall:300 Franklin Street (at Hayes) – closed until 3/20
- All San Francisco Library Events/Classes/Programs – All branches of the library remain open, but programs, classes and events at all branches are canceled until 3/31(updated 3/9 – previously it was just large events at the main library that were canceled)
- The Palace of Fine Arts (main theater hall only)Palace of Fine Arts Theatre (3601 Lyon St, San Francisco, CA 94123) (only the main theatre is affected at this time)
- Pier 27– Cruise Terminal
MORE CANCELLATION LISTS
- SF Chroniclelist of event cancellations (paywall) – incl. conferences and schools
- KRON 4List of event cancellations
- SF Weeklylist of event cancellations
- KQED– Canceled Concerts and Conferences
The SFDPH again reminded locals of ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Stay home if you are sick
- Get your flu shot to protect against flu or symptoms similar to COVID-19
- Try alternatives to shaking hands, like an elbow bump or wave
- If you have recently returned from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections, monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials.