The goal of the shelter in place is to decrease the amount of contact with another person each day. These new guidelines are put in place to help support that. The sacrifices have made a difference in the Bay Area, so keep up the good work. Here are the new rules that will also be in effect until May 3rd, 2020. The rules apply to Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Santa Clara, San Francisco and San Mateo counties.
- All essential businesses that are still open must develop "social distancing protocol" before April 3
- Playgrounds, dog parks and picnic areas have to close to the public
- Funerals are limited to 10 people in attendance
- Public golf courses, tennis and basketball courts are off limits
- When it comes to sports that require you to share a ball, only play them with members of your household
- Most construction is banned
- 6 Bay Area counties have extended the ban to May 3rd