New iPhone updates usually mean faster speeds, new and improved features and an overall better phone experience. Unfortunately for some users who have downloaded the newest iPhone iOS14 update, it has meant the complete opposite. Apple has acknowledged the bugs in their newest update and have worked out a fix, the only caveat is that the fix may lead to a complete data wipe of everything on your phone. The decreased battery life and glitches that most users have complained of may be fixed by a quick DELETE! According to Apple the only solution to the “significant data and battery-related problems” with iOS 14 is to “erase all content and settings from your iPhone.” YIKES!!!! Maybe wait to update your phone and if you already have and are experiencing the items below, start backing things up now.
iPhone or Apple Watch Update Issues to watch out for:
- Increased battery drain on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Your workout route maps are missing in the Fitness app on iPhone for previous GPS-enabled workouts from your Apple Watch.
- The Activity, Heart Rate, or other health-related apps fail to launch or load data on your Apple Watch.
- The Fitness app or Health app fail to launch or load data on your iPhone.
- The Health app or Fitness app is reporting an inaccurate amount of data storage on your iPhone.
- The Activity app is reporting an inaccurate amount of data storage on your Apple Watch.
- Your environmental sound levels data or headphone audio levels data from Apple Watch is missing in the Health app on iPhone.
HERE are all of your options to rectify these issues.